To remove them at home, use a high-powered magnet, such as a hard drive magnet. Place the magnet on a flat surface and lay the tag on top of it with the ink dome or cartridge facing down. You should hear a click letting you know the tag has deactivated. Wiggle the pins in the tag up and down to release them.
- 1 How do you remove a clothing security tag easily?
- 2 How do you remove a self alarming security tag?
- 3 Can you cut security tags with wire cutters?
- 4 What happens if I cut a security tag?
- 5 How do you stop a security tag from beeping?
- 6 Is there ink in security tags?
- 7 What are the different types of security tags?
How do you remove a clothing security tag easily?
Use scissors, a screwdriver, a high-powered magnet, a knife, or a pair of pliers. With a magnet, place it on the table and position the tag bottom side down on the magnet. You should hear it click. Manipulate the pin up and down, and it should come out.
How do you remove a self alarming security tag?
How to Remove Security Tags From Clothing
- Cut it off with a dremel or thin wire cutter.
- You can use a strong magnet to remove certain types of sensors.
- Another eHow article offers a better solution for some tags—use rubber bands!
- Do not attempt to freeze the garment and remove an ink tag.
- Just hit it in the right place.
You can just cut through the cable with wire cutters if you do not have a magnet detacher. If you try to use regular scissors, you will absolutely destroy your scissors.
What happens if I cut a security tag?
If you take the security tag off the jacket and leave the store with it, on top of being charged with removal of the device, you could also be prosecuted for theft. The charges for this offense range from a simple misdemeanor to a class “C” felony. Again, the level depends on the value of the stolen item.
How do you stop a security tag from beeping?
Although it may sound too simple to be true, yes, you can stop the alarm from going off by covering the tags with a conductive material. The aluminum foil bag example in the beginning works because of a concept called ‘electromagnetic shielding’.
But there’s an important reason security tags are filled with ink –– it can be a helpful measure for retailers and deter potential shoplifters. If an item with an ink tag is purchased at a store, the cashier will remove it with a special device called a detacher after the customer pays.
Different types of security tags
- EAS, visual and benefit denial. Select options.
- EAS tags.
- Benefit denial.
- Visual tags.
- Clothing tags.
- Fashion accessory tags.
- Bottle tags.
- Optical tags.