How to design a t-shirt in 7 steps —
- Figure out why you need a shirt.
- Define your budget at quantity.
- Know your printing options. Screen printing. Vinyl graphics. Direct-to-garment.
- Brainstorm your design concept. T-shirt types. Style and imagery.
- Find a designer.
- Evaluate your design.
- Get the right files.
- Find a kick-ass printer.
Is it hard to make at shirt?
Rather than buying a pre-made sewing pattern, it’s totally possible to make your own! If you get to the end of this tutorial and find that your T-Shirt is a little tight, just add some width to the pattern and try again. Or if the arms are too short, add a little extra length.
How do I start my own clothing line?
How to Start a Fashion Brand in 10 Steps: Step-by-Step Guide
- Identify a need in the market.
- Develop a business plan.
- Identify your target audience.
- Start designing.
- Find a clothing manufacturer.
- Choose a brand name, logo, and market profile.
- Choose a price point for your items.
- Begin the marketing process.
How much time does it take to sew a shirt?
Formal wear takes about 12-16 hours of sewing time as there are so many steps involved. I don’t rush projects. I can usually make a pillowcase in about an hour from start to finish & a T-shirt in about 2 hours.