How to Make a Shirt Smaller and Shorter: 11 Methods
- Side Seams. One of the best, most professional ways to resize a too-big shirt of any kind is to cut away the excess material at the side seams and re-sew the seams in a closer, more fitted shape.
- Hem Tape.
- Soak and Shrink.
What to do with a shirt that is too big?
These are the key difference between feeling like a frumpy versus stylish mom.
- #1 Do a Front Tuck (aka: Partial Tuck, French Tuck, Half Tuck)
- #2 Tie a Knot.
- #3 Make a Twist Knot.
- #4 Make the Shirt or Dress Tighter Using the Coin Trick to Cinch or Create “Buttons”
- #5 Roll Up the T-Shirt Sleeves If They’re Too Long.
How do you make a shirt smaller without washing it?
To Shrink a Shirt Without Washing
- Toss your shirt in the dryer, on the highest temperature setting.
- An alternative to this option is to place the shirt out, in strong sunlight.
- Follow either of the procedures by ironing the shirt with a steam iron. The steam will contribute to the shrinking process.
Can you shrink a shirt by just drying it?
Can You Shrink Clothes By Just Drying Them? You can shrink wool and cotton clothes by just drying them, but if your goal is to cause them to shrink, it helps to have washed them first. If you really want to avoid washing, place your t-shirts in the dryer on the hottest setting possible instead.