How to design a t-shirt in 7 steps —
- Figure out why you need a shirt.
- Define your budget at quantity.
- Know your printing options. Screen printing. Vinyl graphics. Direct-to-garment.
- Brainstorm your design concept. T-shirt types. Style and imagery.
- Find a designer.
- Evaluate your design.
- Get the right files.
- Find a kick-ass printer.
- 1 How do I make designs for t shirt printing?
- 2 How do I start my own clothing line?
- 3 What files do Tshirt printers need?
- 4 What resolution should a Tshirt design be?
- 5 How can I create my own brand?
- 6 How can I start a clothing business with no money?
- 7 How much does it cost to start your own clothing line?
- 8 How do you turn a drawing into a print?
How do I make designs for t shirt printing?
6 Great Tips On How To Prepare Artwork for T-Shirt Printing
- Use PMS Colors in Your Artwork.
- Convert All of Your Text to Outlines.
- Create Your Artwork at Actual Size.
- Use Vector Artwork As Much As Possible.
- Expand Your Strokes.
- Set Your Half-Tones with PMS Colors.
How do I start my own clothing line?
How to Start a Fashion Brand in 10 Steps: Step-by-Step Guide
- Identify a need in the market.
- Develop a business plan.
- Identify your target audience.
- Start designing.
- Find a clothing manufacturer.
- Choose a brand name, logo, and market profile.
- Choose a price point for your items.
- Begin the marketing process.
What files do Tshirt printers need?
Accepted File Types
- Illustrator (. AI)
- Vector (. EPS)
- Photoshop (. PSD)
What resolution should a Tshirt design be?
The ideal resolution for printing is 200 PPI or more – at full size. That last bit is crucial. Even if you do have something that is 300 PPI, if its only 2 inches wide when it needs to be printed at 12″ wide, the resolution is still too low. Zoom in and take a look.
How can I create my own brand?
Building a new brand essentially boils down to seven steps:
- Research your target audience and your competitors.
- Pick your focus and personality.
- Choose your business name.
- Write your slogan.
- Choose the look of your brand (colors and font).
- Design your brand logo.
- Apply your branding across your business.
How can I start a clothing business with no money?
Step by step guide on how to start a clothing line with no money
- FIND YOUR NICHE. Almost every successful and innovative idea comes from someone identifying a need in the market.
- CREATE A UNIQUE DESIGN. If you want to make sales, you need to connect with your target audience.
- GET SAMPLES.
- PUT ON A PRICE TAG.
How much does it cost to start your own clothing line?
Startup costs can vary greatly across different clothing lines, but in general, a small-sized clothing line will need a minimum of $500 to get started, a medium-sized line should have between $1,000 to $5,000 for startup costs and a large line will need approximately $25,000 to $50,000 upfront.
How do you turn a drawing into a print?
Here is how I do it.
- Scan your sketch, or just blow it up on a copier to your desired size.
- Position your printout on the paper you want to be working on.
- Now it’s time to put some ink on paper.
- Once you are done you can scan your piece.
- In Photoshop I corrected the color, contrast, black point and exposure.