11 Ways to Spruce Up a Simple Button-Down Shirt
- Tie It Into a Crop Top.
- Go Oversize and Accessorize.
- Layer It Under a Summer Dress.
- Let It Hang Off Your Shoulders.
- Pair It With a Pantsuit.
- Give It a High-Fashion Upgrade.
- Play With Shape to Give It an Edge.
- Leave It Open and Belt It.
- 1 How do you style an oversized button up shirt?
- 2 How do you accessorize a white button-down shirt?
- 3 What’s the difference between a button up and a button down?
- 4 Do you tuck in short sleeve button down shirts?
- 5 How do you style a white button down for work?
- 6 How do you wear a button down shirt with jeans?
- 7 How do you style a plain white shirt?
How to Rock Your Oversize Shirt Like the Coolest Girl in the Board Room — or Bar
- Wear It With a Midi Skirt and Loafers.
- Or Tucked Into High-Waisted Pants.
- Wear It Off the Shoulder.
- Keep It Sweet but Chic With Billowy Sleeves.
- With a Chunky Cardigan.
- Let the Sleeves Do All the Talking.
- Pay Attention to the Color Palette.
16 Ways to Style a Plain White Button-Down
- Paired with a puffer. Source: @simplytandya.
- With a structured coat and tailored denim. Source: @brooklynblonde1.
- Cinched with a chunky belt.
- Under a sweater.
- Half-tucked with lounge pants.
- Under a sweater vest.
- With a statement skirt.
- With flare denim jeans and loafers.
A button up shirt refers to any shirt that buttons all the way up the front. A button down shirt means any button up shirt with a collar that can be buttoned down.
Short sleeve shirts are best worn untucked or casually tucked. That means you don’t want the shirt hem to fall too low or too short, but hit just the right length, around midpoint between your waist and crotch. If you can see a couple of inches of the fly stitching at the bottom, you’re in good shape.
What to Wear With a White Button Down Shirt. Basically any bottom will work with white button down shirts. Denim shorts look exceptionally cool and a button down will elevate how casual they are. Jeans (Mom jeans, skinny jeans, flared jeans, whatever…)
Tucking your shirt in will always look more formal. A tucked shirt looks best with medium to tight fitting jeans. Shirts with more length in the torso will help your shirt stay tucked. A fitted shirt will look nicer when tucked in than a baggier one, so there isn’t a bunch of fabric blousing over the top of your jeans.
How do you style a plain white shirt?
29 Ways to Style That Plain White T-Shirt in the Back of Your
- Play With Length: Pair a Cropped T-Shirt With a Long Skirt and Blazer.
- Tuck It Into a Cute Leather Miniskirt.
- Pair It With Shorts and Lace-Up Espadrilles.
- Wear It With a Vibrant Jacket and Statement Purse.
- Layer It Under a Matching Set.