Method 1: Soaking the shirt in water
- Lay your shirt out. While it’s still wet, lay the shirt on a flat surface.
- Stretch the shirt. Stretch the material in the areas where you want it to be larger.
- Leave it to dry. Now simply leave the shirt on the towel to dry.
Can you make a T-shirt longer?
Washing and drying can shrink shirts. In some cases, a shirt will shrink a few unnoticeable millimeters, or the shrinkage can be severe. Make a shirt longer after it has shrunk by washing it again followed by stretching, ironing and air drying. Stretch the shirt with both hands while it is still damp.
How do you stretch a shirt to make it longer?
- Get the entire t-shirt wet in a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Add 1 Tbsp (15 ml) of hair conditioner per 1 quart (1 liter) of water.
- Keep the t-shirt flat and submerged for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse the shirt.
- Find a flat place to lay out the shirt.
Does cold water stretch clothes?
Make sure the water is at room temperature or a little warmer than that so it effectively relaxes the fibers in the fabric. Cold water won’t help you stretch out clothing. On the other hand, hot water shrinks and damages clothing, so avoid using it here.
How can I stretch my shirt with conditioner?
Place the shirt in the sink and work the conditioner into the shirt. Leave it to sit in the sink for at least 30 minutes. Pull the stopper to drain all the water out of the sink and wring out the shirt as best you can. Lay the shirt out on a flat surface and begin stretching it in every direction.
Can fabric softener stretch clothes?
Another great way to stretch clothing is with liquid fabric softener. This solution loosens the cotton fibers for gentle and easy stretching. Here is how to stretch cotton using water and fabric softener.