Top Tips for Wearing a Grey Suit
- If in doubt, wear a white shirt and dark tie with your suit.
- A pale blue shirt is particularly great for summer weddings.
- Black shirts are best for formal events – especially at the weekend.
- Patterned shirts are great for those looking to stand out.
- 1 What color shirts go with a grey suit?
- 2 What Colour shirt goes with charcoal grey suit?
- 3 What do you wear with a light gray suit?
- 4 Does black shirt go with grey suit?
- 5 Is a grey suit OK for a wedding?
- 6 Do brown shoes go with a grey suit?
- 7 What does a gray suit say about you?
- 8 Is a grey suit formal?
- 9 What other Colours go with grey?
- 10 Can you wear a pink shirt with a grey suit?
- 11 What shoes do I wear with a grey suit?
What color shirts go with a grey suit?
A grey suit of any tone will always match a crisp white shirt. To cultivate a little more distinction, wear a blue or light blue shirt with your grey suit.
What Colour shirt goes with charcoal grey suit?
A white dress shirt is a classic look, and pairs perfectly with a charcoal grey suit. A light, powdered blue shirt can add some subtle variety to your outfits. Deep colors for ties are best: burgundy, navy or emerald green are a great choice.
What do you wear with a light gray suit?
Gray wedding suits pair well with a shirt in a lighter color, such as a white dress shirt or light blue. If you want to add some brighter colors to your ensemble, opt for a lilac or a soft pink.
Does black shirt go with grey suit?
Black Shirt/Grey Suit For a sleek look that is ideal for formal affairs, try pairing your suit with a plain black shirt. For the rest of the outfit, select a tie that is a few shades lighter than your shirt, or pick a shade of grey that complements the suit.
Is a grey suit OK for a wedding?
A classic grey suit is always a safe yet sleek option for a casual wedding, and can be customized with the right accessories depending on the right season. Additionally, consider a simple navy suit paired with a crisp white button down.
Do brown shoes go with a grey suit?
While black shoes may be the most typical option to pair with a grey suit, brown shoes can balance out your look and give it personality. Light grey suits are the most versatile, and can be styled with light brown or dark brown shoes. For a mid-grey or charcoal suit, brown shoes in darker shades are best.
What does a gray suit say about you?
Grey has a look of confidence and experience. If you are graduating from college and you want to look like it’s not your first rodeo grey would be a great choice. Grey is neutral and goes with every skin tone, so it is very simple to add because you don’t have to think in the morning when you are getting dressed.
Is a grey suit formal?
Gray is one of the best men’s suit colors when you’re starting up. Every man should own a grey suit. It’s perfect for the business environment; it’s formal but not formal enough for black or white tie. It’s an ideal suit for when you’re starting off, especially if you’re younger: it signals wealth and wisdom.
What other Colours go with grey?
Six Colour Combinations that Look Great with Grey
- Red and Grey. If you are looking to create a dramatic scheme that evokes an energy and a hint of drama, then red and grey is a passionate colour combination.
- Mustard and Grey.
- Green and Grey.
- Teal Blue and Grey.
- Blush Pink and Grey.
- Blue and Grey.
Can you wear a pink shirt with a grey suit?
While it sounds daunting, wearing a pink shirt with a grey suit is quite easy. Light pinks work very well with grey suits. Pull in some blue accents in the tie and pocket square for an easy modern look that borrows from traditional suiting.
What shoes do I wear with a grey suit?
Like black suits, dark grey suits look best when paired with darker shades of shoes. This means that black shoes are the easiest and best choice for when you’re wearing a dark grey suit. The combination is sharp and stylish. Keep it in mind for formal occasions as a great alternative to a standard black suit.